The Story of Shiva Technique.


There lived a poor peasant in India, working on his tiny plot of land. He grew rice and vegetables. His whole family was fed with them. His wife would gather fruits from the forest and take them with her sons to sell at the bazaar.


But somehow it was a bad year. The spring was without rain, and the summer was very dry. The whole harvest of rice and vegetables was lost.

All the fruit trees in the forest dried up. The peasant could not pay his land taxes to his master, and the master chased him away.


The whole family went to live in the forest. They ate only leaves and roots and drank their water from a cold spring. The old man soon died, and the sons quietly and modestly buried them under a large tree.


One day the sons set off into the depths of the forest along a barely visible animal path, and so they walked for three days. Toward evening, on the fourth day, the brothers saw the dilapidated walls of some monastery. Judging by this dilapidated look no one had lived in the monastery for a long time.


They stopped for the night in an old chapel not far from the monastery. Finding no better accommodation nearby, the brothers decided to stay there.


Some time passed. One night they had a dream. In the dream Lord Shiva descended from heaven. He held a lotus flower in one hand and a trident in the other. A huge serpent was wrapped around his neck and on his forehead was a yellow flame.


Lord Shiva said to the brothers: "Stay in this chapel, I will come to you at night and will show and explain the fighting techniques, and in the morning go to the monastery and after praying in the monastery yard, practice what I showed you. In the evening, pray again and go to bed.


So it went on for exactly a year, with Lord Shiva coming to the brothers at night and the brothers practicing diligently in the morning. Then one night Lord Shiva said:


"Tomorrow morning, as the sun rises, set out on the path that you came on. It is time for your examination, and I want to test you.

The sun had not yet risen, and the brothers set out on their journey. A few days passed, the brothers came to worship at their parents' grave and went on their way.


The sun was at its zenith, and they decided to take a little break. Sitting by the side of the road under a tree, untied their bundles of meager food supplies, the brothers began to eat. Suddenly they heard a shout, someone needed help. The brothers rushed to the call and saw six robbers attacking a rich merchant, killing his small guard.


The brothers tried to stop the robbers with words, but this only emboldened the robbers, and four of them drew their swords and rushed at the brothers. A few swift moves of lightning strikes, and the paralyzed bandits lay on the ground. The two remaining bandits decided not to tempt fate and, leaving their comrades behind, ran away.


The merchant got out of the carriage, and then suddenly the brothers recognized the man who appeared to them every night in their dreams-it was Lord Shiva.


"You have passed your first examination, and I am satisfied with you," said Lord Shiva. - "Now go back to the monastery People will come to you, help them." The brothers bowed to Lord Shiva and started on their way back.


Several years passed, and the brothers grew up and matured. Living in a chapel, they gradually rebuilt the old monastery. People began to come to them, some - for advice, others - with help, and the brothers did not refuse anyone. In the villages, he recruited boys and taught them the technique of fighting. But not all children could not stand the hard training, very many ran home. And the brothers were left with only three students. All of them were parentless, and the monastery became their home. They dutifully listened to everything their mentors told them. The boys trained hard and did various jobs at the monastery.


One day the disciples were sent to the city for necessary goods. The boys made their purchases and went home, but an unforeseen thing happened. On their way home, a rich caravan with guards passed by. Since the caravan was going in the same direction as the disciples were going, they followed it.


Suddenly, in the evening, the caravan was attacked by robbers. There were not many of them, but they fought fiercely, and soon all the guards were slaughtered. The young men rushed to her aid, but they were too late - everything was already over. But the young men were not about to leave, and boldly attacked the robbers. They were well aware of the lessons that the two brothers had taught them. And though they were unarmed, each of their blows was fatal to their enemies.


Soon all the bandits were lying dead, and the young men, having freed their captives, went home.


There they told of their adventures. The brothers answered nothing to the disciples, but only thought hard. On the one hand it might have been beneficial, but on the other hand it might have been harmful. And so it was; soon a messenger from the king appeared and demanded that the brothers follow him to the king.


There was nothing to be done, so the brothers soon got ready and went on their way together with the messenger. The conversation with the king did not last long; he only demanded that the brothers stay at the palace and teach the king's soldiers the art of warfare.


The brothers refused and returned to the monastery. But the king did not like the disobedience and decided to punish the disobedient monastery. The king sent a detachment of his soldiers there. The king's soldiers surrounded the monastery from all sides and stormed in. The fight was short-lived. Both brothers were killed in that battle. Only one disciple was left of all those in the monastery, but he, too, was badly wounded.


The young man wandered for a long time in the woods, gathered medicinal plants and applied them to the wound. When the wound had healed a little, he went far into the mountains. He lived in a deep cave and worked on a small piece of land that he won from the rocks. But all the time the young man remembered what he had been shown in the monastery and continued to train hard.


After a few years, he took the orphan boy to himself and began to teach him the martial arts of Lord Shiva.


From then on, all of Shiva's techniques were passed down from father to son. No more outsiders were initiated into it. The technique became a clan technique. Only much later did the technique become widespread. But not all masters knew the origins of the school and did not associate the technique with the worship of Lord Shiva.